Wednesday 24 June 2015

Present Day Teachers

Good Morning, Subhprabhat and Namaskar

गुरु गोबिन्द दोउ खडे काके लागूँ पाँय, बलिहारी गुरु आपने गोबिन्द दियो बताय
(Guru gobind dou khade, kaake lagoon paay Balihari guru aapne gobind diyo batay)

it means,

(Guru(Teachers)and God both are here to whom should I first bow. All glory be unto the guru path to God who did bestow)

When I was in class four from that time I wanted to be professor, these dream built upon when my Dad use to tell me the respect a teacher earns and professor  or Phd. is the only designation that you earn from your hard work unlike Padma bhushan,padma vibhushan etc. But time changed and my priority also changed when my friends circle started telling "Jo life mein kuch nahi karta woh teacher banta hai". I totally disagree with these people, but somewhere in my heart those words have occupied place. so I decided that I need to show my friends that I can do something else also and so I joined job for them not for my self.After five yaer I will be getting into academics, I love teaching and I want to do miracle in that fields also.
Then, gradually I realized that present day teachers are very much different.I totally agree that everybody cannot remember everything in life, not even Einstein and Newton. But, a teacher is someone who guide its students and build interests in them.Teachers today come in class just to fulfill their attendance rather than intention of teaching. Today teachers behave like dictator in class, so that students in that fear don't ask questions. There are few teachers who make students fear them and in class also they scold for unnecessary reasons. They take class by giving the class to solve a numerical and that numerical is never solved by the teacher on the black board, lecture ends and he goes.These are some of the reasons that students are not learning anything. Students be physically present in class but mentally they are absent. They never build up interests in that subject,when exams near they just mug up some important notes or few expected questions and pass. Today teachers need to build interest in students, they need to be their friends, if teachers don't know any questions raised they should not hesitate to say no to the students and ask them time to answer the question. Students should be free to discuss type of questions to teachers, like even what is 2+1.Let me tell you people why this question 2+1=? comes to the mind of engineering students,its not that they don't know the answers. These questions arises because somewhere in the back the students is disturbed, let it be any issues from home to college and from girlfriend/boyfriend to job life. When that back end problem is solved I tell you he can even solve the most complicated puzzle from Shakuntala Devi's book. Teachers of today need to build interests in students and be their distance friend with whom even the gap is maintain and then the students will be in their limit or behind their line. Teachers are not those who will compare themselves with the students. Teachers should agree with the fact that few students mind are sharp and they take up/ grasp things very quickly and nicely.
Teaching should come from your interest so that you will produce best professionals. Teachers of this generation should know the fact that they are just few percentage contributor to the students best performance,its students who works very hard even after your torture in class.

The above lines of Kabir Ji is for the teachers beyond 1990.

Teachers please don't torture students anywhere and really work hard for your lectures.

My Prnam to all the teachers of this planet.

see you 

No comments:

Post a Comment